One of the key tools in my mompreneur arsenal? My Mobile Biz Kit for Mompreneurs! (Check out my original post.)
What is it? It’s a small bag I have with lots of items that I can grab and get work done on the go!
Think about all the times you’re
- sitting at the doctor’s office
- waiting at piano lessons
- hanging out at soccer practice…
There is a lot of time where we could be productive! (Check out my post how I wrote a kindle book in my car at soccer practice.)
But you need to have it prepared ahead of time. AND it needs to be a DEDICATED bag! If you drive the same car all the time, I’d leave it in there. For me, I leave it right by the door – and grab it on my way out the door. (Note – it’s a pretty bright bag – hard to miss….)
Back to school and a new season brings some changes to my Mobile Biz Kit.
Check out what I have in it now!
Mobile Biz Kit: Fall Edition
Physical Items for my Mobile Biz Kit
Here are some of the things I stash in my bag:
- Phone (though this isn’t in my kit. It’s with me.)
- Small Notebook
- Battery backup for my tablet, phone
- Car plug – so that I can charge or recharge on the way
- Small Phone light – for videos or selfies
- Book light – it’s still dark at some practices and I clip it to my notebook to write posts
- Headphones – sometimes you don’t want to hear the shouts at the sports field or the gossip
Non-physical items for my Mobile Biz Kit
Prepare these ahead of time:
- Articles – Make sure to always have some articles (Evernote, Pocket, Google Drive) available to read. You may have to make sure that they are available offline
- Kindle – Whether you have a tablet or a Kindle, make sure you have a collection of books to read on the Kindle App. I try to have some about business or inspiration or mindset – so that I have something that fits my mood and/or environment. Make sure to download it ahead of time so that you can read it offline.
- Spotify/iTunes – I try to have some good music for productive work to drown out other sounds
- Podcasts – Download some business or mindset podcasts ahead of time (and make sure to have your earphones).
Tasks You Can Do on the Go
- Spark file – (instead of Swipe file I have Spark – it’s more positive) – review those things you’ve accomplished – and keep track of them. If you’re feeling down, look at them to give you inspiration!
- Write a blog post
- Write out a couple of social media posts
- Read business or inspirational kindle book
- Write in the journal – affirmations, what I”m feeling, etc.
- Take pictures or videos – do a lot for social medial posts, instagram stories, videos
- Voice to text messages on things to do using the Evernote or Notion app or Google Docs
- Map out a sales funnel
- Write emails to your list
- And more…
What do you have in your mobile biz kit? What tasks do you do on the go?